“This is paleo?”
“There is no sugar, gluten, or dairy in THIS?”
“That’s incredible, can I get the recipe?”
Is along the lines of the conversations that I have with friends and family who try this delicious Paleo Banana Bread recipe. This is my ‘go-to’ healthy recipe, I have made this recipe countless times and I never tire of it! The ripe bananas create the perfect moisture and sweetness in this rich and chocolaty banana bread. My recipe is adapted off of one of my favorite blogs’ banana bread recipes, check her site out at: http://www.perchancetocook.com
Recipe: Yields 16
- ¾ cup almond flour/meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 Tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 3 mashed bananas
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- First you are going to want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- The next thing is to blitz the ripe bananas in the blender (I find that this gets the best even consistency).
- Then you are going to want to mix everything including the mashed bananas into the bowl (except for the chocolate chips).
- Then when everything is mixed you are going to want to incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Spray a 8×8 tray with coconut oil or you can use parchment paper.
- The last step is to pour the mixture into the tray and bake in the oven for around 35 minutes depending on your oven. After 35 minutes put a toothpick in the bread and if it is not clean check the bread in 5 minute intervals.
- Oh, one last step, Enjoy!