It is a Christmas morning tradition at my house to eat pancakes on Christmas morning. Unfortunately pancakes aren’t the healthiest of options so I figured I would provide a healthier alternative to the traditional pancake here on my blog. I absolutely love this recipe and find that they taste just as delicious as normal pancakes but are packed with the nutritional and heartiness of oatmeal 🙂 Perfect for the rest of your christmas day adventures!
Ingredients: Serves 1
1/2 Rolled Oats
2 tablespoons Almond milk
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Put the rolled oats into a blender and blend until it resembles flour.
- Then mix all the ingredients into one bowl, including the newly made oat flour, and mix until well incorporated.
- Spray a medium pan with coconut oil and put on high heat until the coconut oil melts.
- Bring the pan to a low heat and laddle the mixture into the pan.
- Once the pancakes begins to create bubbles on its surface it is time to flip the pancake over.
- Flip it over and cook until golden brown.
- Then enjoy!
Tip: I made on big pancakes but it made it difficult to flip so if possible I recommend making two smaller ones!
I hope this recipe was useful for your christmas day meal and you are having a wonderful day 🙂 It is the eve of Christmas Eve after all!