Whenever the sun comes out two food types dominate my daily menu…
Smoothies & SALAD.
I know, I know some of you might be going EW salad, skip…
I personally believe that the way to get a perfect salad is to find the perfect ratio of salad to toppings: 1:1
And from the ratio I developed my favorite go-to salad ever! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 heart of palm
- 1 persian cucumber (or a third english cucumber)
- 1/2 tomato
- 3 cooked beets
- 4 oz salmon**
- Salt and Pepper
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
** If you don’t enjoy salmon or don’t eat it I have tried this recipe with two 6-minute boiled eggs as well and it is equally as delicious!
- Cook the 4 oz of salmon in a pan on medium heat with salt and pepper.
- Take a bowl and create a nice bed of spinach.
- Slice the cucumber and heart of palm into thin slices and sprinkle over the salad.
- Cut up the tomato and beets into cubes and sprinkle over the salad.
- Shred the cooked salmon with a fork and add that on top of the salad as well.
- Add salt and pepper on top of the salad and drizzle the salad with balsamic vinegar.
Hope you enjoyed the post!