I LOVE waffles! And in the great Waffles v. Pancakes debate, I can honestly say that I love them both but I recently made some waffles out of my old pancake recipe from way back (Pancake Recipe) and they were DELICIOUS! I can honestly say they are some of the best-tasting waffles and are equally as healthy!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1/2 Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Put the rolled oats into a blender and blend until it resembles flour.
- Then mix all the ingredients into one bowl, including the newly made oat flour, and mix until well incorporated.
- Spray a waffle iron with coconut oil or use a non-stick iron.
- Ladle the mixture onto the waffle iron. And cook the waffle as you would usually on your iron (for me it is until the light turns green).
- Once your waffle iron indicates the waffle is done or the waffle is golden brown in colour you can take it off the iron.
- Put the hot waffle on a plate and top with your favorite toppings! (I did some Greek yoghurt, honey, and berries!)
- Some other toppings: Coconut Flakes, Banana, Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup etc.
- Then enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe! It is truly one of my faves and it is SO easy to make! (Far less mess and quicker to make than the pancakes – just depends on what mood you are in… waffles or pancakes?)