I was recently stuck in a situation in which I didn’t have an oven! And me being me – obsessed with baking- I took it in my hands to create a no-bake recipe! And that is how these Tea + Oat no-bake Balls came to be 🙂
Ingredients: Makes 20
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp rice flour (or any other gluten free flour)
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Spiced tea bags – I used an orange spice flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 tbsp heaped coconut flakes
- First step is to take a big bowl and then add all the ingredients into it- you are going to have to rip a tea bag so the tea leaves are mixed into your dough. All you need to leave out of this step is one of the tea bags and the coconut flakes.
- You are going to mix the ingredients until a doughy texture forms. (If very dry you may add a few teaspoons almond milk).
- Then you are going to want to set up your rolling station. On one plate pour out the contents of the last tea bag and coconut flakes. Mix them together. This is what you will be rolling your dough balls into.
- Then you may begin to roll. I made these balls about a tablespoon big. After you make the ball you roll it into the tea and coconut mixture and set it aside. Repeat this step until all the dough balls are done.
- Set in the freezer or fridge for a few minutes to stiffen.
- Then Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this simple and easy recipe! It can be used as a snack or when in my case you miss baking and are stuck with no oven 😦
I hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend!
*Nutritional Information: Around 84 calories per ball.