Pumpkin Apple Muffins!! My favorite type of muffin after blueberry! I really wanted to make a ‘healthier’ recipe so I adapted my recipe from this one: Apple-Pumpkin Muffins
- 2-1/2 wholemeal spelt flour
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
Recipe: Makes 18
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Chop and peel 2 cups worth of apples.
- In a large bowl mix together the spelt flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt and ground nutmeg.
- In a separate small bowl mix together the eggs, pureed pumpkin and coconut oil.
- Pour the liquids into the large flour bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the chopped apples and mix together until apples are even in the mixture.
- Spray and line a muffin tray. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups. Filling the mixture until the top of the cup.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!