Pressing Flowers… in case you are already confused by what this means I will explain…
Pressing flowers is a method of drying flowers that includes pressing them flat (typically in a large book).
I am by no means an expert in the field of ‘pressing flowers but I have recently gotten back into this hobby and think it is a worthwhile activity to master.
Pressing flowers provides the best solution to the decay of flowers and the loss of their beauty. Pressing them maintains their beauty and provides a thoughtful gift or decoration.
What you will need:
- Big book (Telephone book or dictionary)
- Parchment paper
- Pick some pretty flowers (make sure they are dry and not dewy or wet from rain).
- Place a piece of parchment paper in a book.
- Now place all the flowers in the book.
- Shut the book and leave flowers for 10 days.
- Once dried spray the flowers with hairspray to maintain strength.
- Now you can get creative! Put them in a frame or on a card or have them hanging in your room!
Pressing flowers is so simple but so beautiful! So try it out! ❤
Hope you enjoyed!