Welcome to 2018! I am back! So I am wayyyyyyy late with this post. And to be honest I think it’s because with the new year starting I hit a wall, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do on this platform anymore. Did I really want to make it a lifestyle blog? Did I want it to be more writing central? So many questions flying about in my head. But I decided that at least while I figure that out I can just post about whatever I am really enjoying at the moment. And from late 2017 to now that would be plant-based eating. I have been a vegetarian for around 2 years and recently made the switch to a plant-based diet. I am not going to spew a ton of information (unless you would like me to) but if you are interested check out Peta’s website. As you may know food is one of my favorite things. From the cooking to the eating to the people you share the food with. I love every aspect of it. So when I started my plant-based diet I wanted to share my recipes on another platform… Instagram. Now you can find my recipes at @plantsandbenefits. On this platform, I share my recipes and the health benefits you find from using the ingredients I include in my recipes. Whether you are plant-based or not please check out the account for basic nutritional information and recipe ideas (because you can never have too many of those <3)
I will be posting regularly again soon (Once a week- at least). Please let me know if you would like to see anything specific on the blog you can leave a comment down below or email my business email account at email@example.com.
Also if you would like more information on a plant-based/vegan diet on this platform for ex. my personal experience, any tips, book recommendations etc. please let me know 🙂 My Instagram is public so you can also message me there.
See you soon ❤
Ahhhh Oatmeal 🙂 My favorite breakfast (well to be honest I will eat it for any time of day…) for the Autumn and Winter months! It is soooo delicious, filling, healthy and warm! I have so many different recipes I like to try but today I thought I would share one of my recent favorites!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp fruit jam (I used a no added sugar raspberry jam)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- In a medium pot on low to medium heat mix the rolled oats and unsweetened milk together until a thick and porridgy consistency forms.
- Once thick, turn off the heat and mix in the teaspoon of honey (you may add more depending on how sweet your jam is or how sweet you like it).
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into a bowl so the next step may commence! The superfood toppings!!
- Add the tablespoon of jam and then sprinkle the cacao nibs and chia seeds on top the oatmeal.
- Curl up on the couch with some tea or coffee some netflix and off course your warm and cozy superfood oatmeal!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Let me know your current favorite oatmeal recipe!
I was recently stuck in a situation in which I didn’t have an oven! And me being me – obsessed with baking- I took it in my hands to create a no-bake recipe! And that is how these Tea + Oat no-bake Balls came to be 🙂
Ingredients: Makes 20
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp rice flour (or any other gluten free flour)
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Spiced tea bags – I used an orange spice flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 tbsp heaped coconut flakes
- First step is to take a big bowl and then add all the ingredients into it- you are going to have to rip a tea bag so the tea leaves are mixed into your dough. All you need to leave out of this step is one of the tea bags and the coconut flakes.
- You are going to mix the ingredients until a doughy texture forms. (If very dry you may add a few teaspoons almond milk).
- Then you are going to want to set up your rolling station. On one plate pour out the contents of the last tea bag and coconut flakes. Mix them together. This is what you will be rolling your dough balls into.
- Then you may begin to roll. I made these balls about a tablespoon big. After you make the ball you roll it into the tea and coconut mixture and set it aside. Repeat this step until all the dough balls are done.
- Set in the freezer or fridge for a few minutes to stiffen.
- Then Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this simple and easy recipe! It can be used as a snack or when in my case you miss baking and are stuck with no oven 😦
I hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend!
*Nutritional Information: Around 84 calories per ball.
Who doesn’t love an easy and healthy or super pancake recipe?
This recipe just uses three ingredients! (with a few optional add-ons!) And they are all healthy and delicious!
Without further ado let’s talk about these pancakes!
Ingredients: Serves 1 (makes 8 mini pancakes)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- pinch of baking soda
optional: cinnamon, honey (if your banana isn’t too ripe), chocolate chips, blueberries (whatever your heart desires!)
- If you have a stick blender or a Nutribullet put all the ingredients into a cup and blend. If you don’t have either of those -don’t worry!- you can mash your banana by hand and then add the eggs and baking soda until smooth and creamy!
- Spray a pan with olive oil and heat the pan (use a low heat) then you can begin pouring the pancake batter onto the pan. Make sure to keep the heat at low or your pancakes could burn! I like to keep my pancakes small – easy to flip- but you can change up the size depending on what you like and your skill 😉
- And that’s all! All that is left to do it enjoy your pancakes with some toppings! I chose honey, banana, cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut flakes, raisins (superfood heaven 🙂
I hope you enjoyed my easy peasy and superfood pancake recipe! It is truly one of my favorite go-to’s! These are a great way to be healthy but also get your dose of pancakes (when you aren’t treating yourself!)
I LOVE waffles! And in the great Waffles v. Pancakes debate, I can honestly say that I love them both but I recently made some waffles out of my old pancake recipe from way back (Pancake Recipe) and they were DELICIOUS! I can honestly say they are some of the best-tasting waffles and are equally as healthy!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1/2 Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Put the rolled oats into a blender and blend until it resembles flour.
- Then mix all the ingredients into one bowl, including the newly made oat flour, and mix until well incorporated.
- Spray a waffle iron with coconut oil or use a non-stick iron.
- Ladle the mixture onto the waffle iron. And cook the waffle as you would usually on your iron (for me it is until the light turns green).
- Once your waffle iron indicates the waffle is done or the waffle is golden brown in colour you can take it off the iron.
- Put the hot waffle on a plate and top with your favorite toppings! (I did some Greek yoghurt, honey, and berries!)
- Some other toppings: Coconut Flakes, Banana, Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup etc.
- Then enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe! It is truly one of my faves and it is SO easy to make! (Far less mess and quicker to make than the pancakes – just depends on what mood you are in… waffles or pancakes?)
I LOVE avocado toast! And I get that it has become the latest trend but I still wanted to share my go-to recipe! (in-case you hadn’t happened on the thousands of recipes out there 😉
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 2 slices of bread (I use Ezekiel)
- Half a Haas avocado
- half a lemon
- Pepper flakes (optional)
- Toast your bread.
- Cut your avocado in half and then scoop the half avocado into a bowl.
- In the bowl squeeze your lemon and add your salt, pepper and optional pepper flakes.
- Then spread on the toast!
I enjoy my avocado toast with some sliced cherry tomatoes and a fruit (here I chose Kiwi). I also love my avocado toast either with some tea (Earl Grey) or with some coffee and almond milk!
Hope you enjoyed this post!
I haven’t posted a baking post in ages and when I got together with my friends to have a Harry Potter marathon (I am obsessed) I wanted to make a delicious, HEALTHY, cozy treat to curl up on the couch with. And that is how my Paleo Blueberry bars came to be 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1/4 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 heaping tbsp tahini
- 16 oz bag frozen wild blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and take out your eggs and coconut oil (to ensure that they are room temperature) and spray your baking tray with coconut oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into one big bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into another smaller bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. The mixture should appear slightly rough (not like usual cake batter).
- Spoon the wet and dry mixed ingredients into the tray. Pat down the batter so that it is smooth on the top. Once the batter is smooth dump the frozen wild blueberries on top of the batter (optional: and sprinkle the blueberries with coconut sugar).
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes and then enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!