Granola is one of my favorite breakfast options… but what I notice often with store-bought granola options is how high it is sugar 😦 So I set out on a mission to make some homemade granola and this is what I came up with!
- 1.5 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaping spoonful agave nectar or maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl adding in the agave nectar or maple syrup in last.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit
- Put parchment paper on a tray and pour the granola mixture onto it.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown!
I like to add almond milk to this granola and top it off with tons of fruits ❤
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!
I loveeeeee to watch and read these types of posts! I think they are such good food inspiration to get on a healthy eating track. Fair warning… I don’t eat like this every day!! This is an ideal day of healthy eating!! What I am eating in this post is also Vegan and plant-based! Hope you enjoy and get some inspiration to add some healthy meals and snacks to your everyday diet!
Okay… I basically do eat this every morning… I am always having oatmeal during the cold wintery season! I am currently loving adding frozen mixed berries on top of unsweetened oatmeal with a tablespoon of maple syrup and almond butter. It is sooooooo good 🙂 I like using the frozen berries because they instantly cool down the oatmeal. I also like to either have green tea in the morning or on in this case coffee with almond milk ❤
I try to have some sort of protein in every meal and for this meal, that source came from the black beans and quinoa hidden in the bowl. I love to have some sort of grain (like brown rice or quinoa) and then I like to add some beans and veg (today’s was tomato and cucumber). I typically just season with salt and pepper and sometimes I add red pepper flakes and oregano. Yum!
I tend to switch up dinner a lot… I feel like dinner is when I usually get stuck… but I do tend to have a giant smoothie for dinner quite often. I blend 1 cup almond milk, a serving of frozen mango, a serving of frozen mixed berries, a frozen banana and a handful of spinach. After it has become a smooth and ‘icecreamy’ consistency I like to add my toppings. Often it is more fruit… like blueberries… but I also like to add chia seeds, coconut flakes, and other yummy bits.
When it is cold outside I love to have a warm treat for dessert… and if I am feeling particularly healthy and I like to chop up an apple and put it in the microwave for 1 min and 30 sec I then add cinnamon and mix it all together!
I loveeeeee my snacks!! I am constantly snacking… I usually eat them between lunch and dinner and after dinner hahaha. Some of my favorite basic snacks include roasted seaweed, carrots and hummus, grapes, Lara bars, frozen mango, air-popped popcorn and mandarines (just to name a few <3).
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you would like to see more of these types of posts then leave a comment and a like ❤
Also if you are a fan of nutritional info and food recipes follow my food Instagram!! the name is @plantsandbenefits check it out!!!
Thanks so much for taking a moment to check out this post! See you soon 🙂
It’s been a while… how about I share my lovely vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe and make it all better?
- 2 cups spelt flower
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- large pinch of vanilla powder (or tsp or vanilla extract)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- 5 tbsp sweetened almond milk
- handful chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate bar (for top of cookies)
Steps: Makes 20
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- Mix all the ingredients together in one bowl.
- Make about 20 tablespoon sized balls on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place a piece of the dark chocolate bar on top of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 min (they will be soft when they come out so let them sit 10 min before eating).
Hope you try out these cookies and love them just as much as I do!! If you want more of my recipes or what I eat in a day check out my food Instagram account which is @plantsandbenefits !!
I will be back to my normal scheduling soon (one post a week!)
See you soon!
Welcome to 2018! I am back! So I am wayyyyyyy late with this post. And to be honest I think it’s because with the new year starting I hit a wall, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do on this platform anymore. Did I really want to make it a lifestyle blog? Did I want it to be more writing central? So many questions flying about in my head. But I decided that at least while I figure that out I can just post about whatever I am really enjoying at the moment. And from late 2017 to now that would be plant-based eating. I have been a vegetarian for around 2 years and recently made the switch to a plant-based diet. I am not going to spew a ton of information (unless you would like me to) but if you are interested check out Peta’s website. As you may know food is one of my favorite things. From the cooking to the eating to the people you share the food with. I love every aspect of it. So when I started my plant-based diet I wanted to share my recipes on another platform… Instagram. Now you can find my recipes at @plantsandbenefits. On this platform, I share my recipes and the health benefits you find from using the ingredients I include in my recipes. Whether you are plant-based or not please check out the account for basic nutritional information and recipe ideas (because you can never have too many of those <3)
I will be posting regularly again soon (Once a week- at least). Please let me know if you would like to see anything specific on the blog you can leave a comment down below or email my business email account at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also if you would like more information on a plant-based/vegan diet on this platform for ex. my personal experience, any tips, book recommendations etc. please let me know 🙂 My Instagram is public so you can also message me there.
See you soon ❤
Ahhhh Oatmeal 🙂 My favorite breakfast (well to be honest I will eat it for any time of day…) for the Autumn and Winter months! It is soooo delicious, filling, healthy and warm! I have so many different recipes I like to try but today I thought I would share one of my recent favorites!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp fruit jam (I used a no added sugar raspberry jam)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- In a medium pot on low to medium heat mix the rolled oats and unsweetened milk together until a thick and porridgy consistency forms.
- Once thick, turn off the heat and mix in the teaspoon of honey (you may add more depending on how sweet your jam is or how sweet you like it).
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into a bowl so the next step may commence! The superfood toppings!!
- Add the tablespoon of jam and then sprinkle the cacao nibs and chia seeds on top the oatmeal.
- Curl up on the couch with some tea or coffee some netflix and off course your warm and cozy superfood oatmeal!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Let me know your current favorite oatmeal recipe!
I was recently stuck in a situation in which I didn’t have an oven! And me being me – obsessed with baking- I took it in my hands to create a no-bake recipe! And that is how these Tea + Oat no-bake Balls came to be 🙂
Ingredients: Makes 20
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp rice flour (or any other gluten free flour)
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Spiced tea bags – I used an orange spice flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 tbsp heaped coconut flakes
- First step is to take a big bowl and then add all the ingredients into it- you are going to have to rip a tea bag so the tea leaves are mixed into your dough. All you need to leave out of this step is one of the tea bags and the coconut flakes.
- You are going to mix the ingredients until a doughy texture forms. (If very dry you may add a few teaspoons almond milk).
- Then you are going to want to set up your rolling station. On one plate pour out the contents of the last tea bag and coconut flakes. Mix them together. This is what you will be rolling your dough balls into.
- Then you may begin to roll. I made these balls about a tablespoon big. After you make the ball you roll it into the tea and coconut mixture and set it aside. Repeat this step until all the dough balls are done.
- Set in the freezer or fridge for a few minutes to stiffen.
- Then Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this simple and easy recipe! It can be used as a snack or when in my case you miss baking and are stuck with no oven 😦
I hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend!
*Nutritional Information: Around 84 calories per ball.
Who doesn’t love an easy and healthy or super pancake recipe?
This recipe just uses three ingredients! (with a few optional add-ons!) And they are all healthy and delicious!
Without further ado let’s talk about these pancakes!
Ingredients: Serves 1 (makes 8 mini pancakes)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- pinch of baking soda
optional: cinnamon, honey (if your banana isn’t too ripe), chocolate chips, blueberries (whatever your heart desires!)
- If you have a stick blender or a Nutribullet put all the ingredients into a cup and blend. If you don’t have either of those -don’t worry!- you can mash your banana by hand and then add the eggs and baking soda until smooth and creamy!
- Spray a pan with olive oil and heat the pan (use a low heat) then you can begin pouring the pancake batter onto the pan. Make sure to keep the heat at low or your pancakes could burn! I like to keep my pancakes small – easy to flip- but you can change up the size depending on what you like and your skill 😉
- And that’s all! All that is left to do it enjoy your pancakes with some toppings! I chose honey, banana, cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut flakes, raisins (superfood heaven 🙂
I hope you enjoyed my easy peasy and superfood pancake recipe! It is truly one of my favorite go-to’s! These are a great way to be healthy but also get your dose of pancakes (when you aren’t treating yourself!)